Resolved
3.0
Additional Services
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jun 27

It took me a lot of correspondence with them, and asking to have my account reviewed by a manager, but finally I was able to submit additional verification of my identity and have my account reinstated.

Original review posted by user Jun 26

I created an account on Turo, and rented a car.Several hours later I was notified by email that they had cancelled my reservation and closed my account.

I wrote back and forth several times with them, and they refused to provide a reason or allow me to make any changes in order to comply with their secret policies. The have been discriminated against by Turo refusing me service and summarily closing my account. I have excellent credit, and have had no accidents or even tickets for many years. There is nothing in my financial history which could provide any legitimate basis for these actions.

I am appalled that a company would act with such blatant disregard for honesty and treating people fairly. Here is my correspondence with the company: James Brian Torres (Turo Support) Jun 25, 21:10 PDT Hi Joshua, Were always keeping an eye on the marketplace to ensure everyone is safe and sound. We recently reviewed your account, and were very sorry to inform you that weve determined youre no longer eligible to use our marketplace. While we would love to welcome as many people as possible into our community, we closely review all our members identities and everyone in the Turo community must meet our eligibility requirements.

Your upcoming trip has been canceled and your account has been closed. You will receive a full refund for this reservation within 1-5 business days. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We wish you the best of luck in finding a car rental, and suggest that you may want to use one of the more traditional car rental companies.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. Best, Turo Verification Team --------------------- Joshua Virkler Jun 26, 03:36 PDT I am shocked that my account has been closed so abruptly! What reason would Turo have for doing this? I am not a young driver, a new driver, or someone with a poor driving record.

My license has the Safe Driver designation, as I have not had any accidents or even tickets in many years. I have an excellent credit score, and the only thing I can think of is that my credit file has a freeze on it to prevent fraud. Does that have something to do with why you closed my account? Please provide additional feedback so I know what is wrong, and therefore can either fix it or know when I might be able to use your service again in the future.

Thank you. Josh Virkler ------------------- Christian Rico Ungos (Turo Support) Jun 26, 04:18 PDT Hi Joshua, We have carefully reviewed your application and were sorry to report that we wont be to able let you rent or list cars cars on Turo. To maintain a safe and strong marketplace, Turo does not release the details of our review process as doing so would compromise its effectiveness. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment.

Best, Turo Verification Team ----------------------------- Joshua Virkler Jun 26, 05:33 PDT At this point I need to ask that my request be forwarded to a manager. I understand and appreciate that you have policies to maintain a safe and strong marketplace. However, I am confident that I can pass any objective criteria which might be used to determine if I am trustworthy enough to have a Turo account. This does seem to be some sort of mistake, and I am willing to provide whatever additional information is needed to verify my identity, credit history, or whatever other measurement of trustworthiness you deem appropriate.

Because it does seem that there has been a mix-up and you do not have access to the correct information to make a proper decision about my account. I am married with 3 children. I work for a non-profit charitable organization. I have excellent credit (though I currently have a freeze on my credit file to prevent fraud).

I have not been in an accident or even had a ticket for many years (my drivers license lists me as a Safe Driver). I will submit proof of all this or whatever else you request. Please bring this to the attention of your manager so we can resolve this issue without me needing to resort to posting detailed reviews across many high profile websites of the discrimination I have just been subjected to. Thank you.

I trust you will do the right thing. Sincerely, Josh Virkler ------------------------- Christian Rico Ungos (Turo Support) Jun 26, 05:36 PDT Hi Joshua, Thanks for reaching out. We have carefully reviewed your case and our decision is final. Per Turo policy, mentioned in our previous email, we are not able or obligated to release the details of our review process.

Please note that further communications from you will be read, but not responded to.Best, Turo Verification Team

Review about: Turo Car Rental Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Reinstate my account.

I liked: Concept.

I didn't like: Customer service and discrimination, Business practices, Refused service.

Had an Experience with Turo?

Comments

They have actually done the same thing to me as well.I haven't had a ticket in 4 years and they will not reactivate my account because I have not logged in since it was previously relayrides.

They actually sent the exact same auto generated email to me.I guess the only thing I can do is expose this out in the public!

Swoope, Virginia, United States #1347539

Racial discrimination

Miami, Florida, United States #1347537

How did you resolve the issue? I'm having the same trouble with turo. I can't think of any reason why besides discrimination.

jvracing
to Anonymous #1347556

I requested that my situation be reviewed by a manager or supervisor, saying that otherwise I would be forced to write a review describing the discrimination I had experienced on many prominent websites.They initially sent back a form response saying they would not be replying to any more messages from me, so I posted my review on a bunch of sites.

Then later that day I did receive a response from a supervisor who instructed me to submit additional documentation proving my identity.

Then they opened my account.Good luck!

jvracing

I cannot delete or edit the content of this review, so I will add this...