1.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

TURO users beware! As independent business owner who supports the likes of AirBnB, UBER, Lyft, etc, I sadly presumed this company to be on the up and up.

It was not. At first I rented a car no problem with the usual requests of a driver's license number, CC, insurance, etc. However, when I went to rent a 2nd car the same day I was returning a first, as they had no ability to do that online, and they do not have phone customer service, I simply thought what any consumer might, "create a 2nd account," same informations. Well this turned into a nightmare and I started to see the sham that TURO is and where all of its weak spots were.

Firstly, they have no continental customer service. Its all outsourced. BTW, the 2nd account or 2nd car wasn't an issue as they simply asked me to upload a copy of my driver's license to which I did and then as the "review process" never finished, I started to inquire. Next thing I know is that they've restricted my account, albeit at first, not jeopardizing the one reservation already in place, and then they started asking for more copies of my Driver's License, a picture of me holding it up, a picture of the original credit card and then when that wasn't good enough?

And keep in mind, this is hours and days going by nearing my original trip, they wanted copies of my insurance card, a utility bill, proof of employment and on and on and on. The end of this story is that they cancelled my account, they cancelled my original reservation and gave no explanation as to why after supplying basics, I was now not allowed to rent cars.

The moral of this story? I went online and rented not one, but 2 cars from Enterprise is 5 minutes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Turo Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Ease of website.

I didn't like: Everything else.

Comments