Resolved
5.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Aug 01

Turo Contacted me and informed me that they were sorry about the previous rejection, that it happened in error, and they were reinstating my account. So far, Turo's customer service has proven to be reliably good for me. Hopefully everything else runs just as smoothly.

Original review posted by user Aug 01

I attempted to verify my account, so I could try out Turo on an upcoming business trip, after hearing about it through my friend Doug DeMuro, who uses Turo to help in the production of his popular Autotrader web series.I was told by Turo to send along a photo of my license as well as a photo of me with the license.

I was also told that there were two unverified accounts under my name, one with my personal email, and one for my work email. My intention was to have one of each to keep work and business trips completely separate, but apparently this is not allowed, so they removed my work account and kept my personal one. I was then told via text "We have reviewed your account, and we're sorry we can't approve you to rent from the Turo Marketplace. This is a final decision".

I was pretty surprised, considering I believe myself to be a safe driver, with no real blemishes on my driving record, besides a seat belt violation almost 5 years ago, and a single speeding ticket from more than 10 years ago. I asked Turo if they could at least let me know what the reason for the rejection was, so I could look into either my insurance company providing incorrect information, or look at my driving record and I was told "We are sorry but this is a final decision. We suggest that you may want to use one of the more traditional car rental companies" I wasn't trying to fight them on the decision, I just wanted to know how to begin clearing whatever kept me from being accepted up with the RMV or my insurance, as there must be a problem. A bit miffed, I ordered a copy of my driving record from the state, and have confirmed that in my driving career, I have never had an insurance claim or been at fault in an accident, I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 10 years.

I have only had one violation for a seat-belt stop in 2013. I did have my license suspended for forgetting to pay that seat belt fine on time, but as soon as I was notified I paid it and my license was reinstated. I tried calling their customer service line, but apparently you can't talk to them about your account, you need to "text" with them to talk about your account, and I am only told "all decisions are final" when attempting to text. I wouldn't be so upset if they treated me like a human and just gave me a reason for the rejection.

It would seem that someone who hasn't ever had an accident, has great credit, and hasn't had a speeding ticket in a decade would be exactly who Turo wants to rent to. I'm just bummed at how I was treated. I was really excited to start using more interesting car rentals while on work trips. As someone who rents vehicles 60-80 days a year through work, I was really hoping to liven things up.

Such a shame you can't even talk to a real human when dealing with this company.A little human touch would go a long way.

Review about: Turo Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Refused service.

Had an Experience with Turo?

Comments

I too made the same mistake of creating two accounts because I forgot I had the other one so I went back and deleted it which caused a red flag for them I guess because they cancelled a booking shortly after. Not really sure how you got through to them but they refuse to escalate me to a supervisor at all :

to Mo #1378264

All of my attempts to contact customer service resulted in a very curt agent almost happily telling me I was totally out of luck, then I randomly got an email from another Customer service person apologizing, end explaining that the problem was now resolved.I kind of flipped out though.

I posted this review, several others on other review sites and polished it off with a FB post on their FB Page complaining.

Not sure which one did it, but I was super glad that they finally fixed their issues and I was able to take my first trip.It was great and I recommend their services now that the signup *** was over.

Michaelagado

How was yours resolved? Same issue and they won't help me out whatsoever.

to Michaelagado #1378267